Head of North American Sales
Regulatory DataCorp | Sales/Marketing | ,
This sales leadership position is responsible for strategic management of a growing North American sales organization. The primary focus of the position will be day to day sales planning with direct reports and executives to generate sales revenue opportunities in all defined NA territories for all RDC solutions. This position has management responsibility over the NA Account Executives.
This position, reporting directly to the CRO, functions as part of the company’s leadership team and carries a sales quota and is involved with the company’s global GTM strategies.
- Meet or exceed team sales quotas.
- Foster a leadership culture which attracts, develops and retains high caliber candidates, helping to build and shape a talent pool that will continue to drive the future success of the global organization
- Provide strategic insight and direction to develop current and new business opportunities and maximize growth potential
- New Market opportunity identification, research and business case/plan development for all RDC opportunities across all NA Territories.
- Personally establish high-level contacts with key customer accounts
- Maximize revenue and margin across all products and market segments, including the generation and follow up of new leads, closing of net new business, and expansion of business within existing client base.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and lead a team of high-performing Account Executives by providing direction, mentoring, and repeatable processes to achieve success.
- Define and set sales strategy for team while working closely with direct reports and extended team to ensure proper implementation, follow-up and follow-through of strategy.
- Work with Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to define the company goals and objectives that drive Sales efforts in accordance with the company roadmap and ensure efficiencies.
- Act as an executive leader to customers, providing corporate resources to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provide accurate and metrics-driven sales forecasting and pipeline development and oversee activity-based plans for account executives.
- Monitor and report key information and metrics to the executive team.
- Set and review both quarterly and annual goals and objectives for sales team members.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure alignment on bookings targets and contributions and to optimize lead generation and pipeline development efforts
- Work closely with the Legal and Finance team to ensure that the contracting processes and terms are appropriately aligned to meet the needs of the business and the target sales goals.
- Maintains a high level of energy, enthusiasm, engagement and commitment to action.
- Develops trust and models open, candid, respectful communication and collaborative teamwork.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-awareness and commitment to personal development and learning.
What we are looking for
- Sales expertise and experience - Demonstrates a mastery of sales fundamentals and process (territory analysis, pipeline management, forecasting techniques, sales process, customer engagement capabilities including insight creation, objection handling, and urgency creation) and maintains powerful communication skills (active listening, meeting management, verbal and written communication); Experience in reducing cost of sale and increasing long-term customer value
- Quality sales coach - Demonstrates high emotional intelligence in tailoring interactions with sales professionals to coach, motivate, and strategize with individual sellers; Coaches by exploring and using high-impact questions; Develops managers / leaders to lead sellers (and not close deals on their behalf); Sellers want to work with this individual (they are a “talent magnet”)
- Strong leadership capabilities - Demonstrated ability to rally teams and communities around a common objective; Has an authentic leadership approach that motivates while allowing for vulnerability / candor; Provides both clarity and energy to the sales team
- Strategic focus and business acumen - Exhibits strong business acumen, and positively contributes to business strategy development and execution; Unique ability to understand both big-picture organizational strategy and details of execution; Leads sales managers and sellers to remain focused on execution in support of business priorities
- Quantitative capabilities - Strong grasp of "sales math" and data-driven mindset, to determine bookings needed, and can work backward to activities required to generate needed pipeline and subsequent velocity required to achieve results; Effectively translates ambiguous target (bookings needed) to specific actions for sales managers and individual sellers
- Effective at both problem solving and execution - Brings a solution-first approach to business challenges; Owns problems and issues, demonstrating personal commitment and ownership of final results
- Effective cross-functional team collaborator - Can work the matrix in order to engage, inform, and activate team members and people want to engage with and partner with this individual
- Customer-first mindset - Remains current on leading-edge industry and customer trends, remains highly engaged with customers as part of field visits; Reliable source of truth regarding voice of customer and needs / priorities
- Proven track record of success - Achieved targets both individually and for their team, utilizing both SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) and on premise (license or subscription) delivery models.
- Culture - Acts with integrity and demonstrates ethical behavior in all matters with all stakeholders; respects and encourages diversity across team; fosters and maintains a culture of professionalism, operational excellence and drive for results.
- Successful track record achieving targets both individually and for their team
- Minimum 12 years of experience in sales, including experience with an enterprise software and/or SaaS company with geographically dispersed teams
- Minimum 6 years of management experience with demonstrated success in leading and building a team.
- Strong customer focus with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, ability to work well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to assess team and individual technical and personal strengths/weaknesses and drive continued growth through coaching and training.
- Salesforce.com or other CRM proficiency required.
- Highly skilled in change management practices and driving organizational process improvements
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills to quickly establish rapport and credibility at all levels within an organization, including the C- and board-level.
- Bachelor’s degree in business field; MBA degree preferred.