Sr. Product Marketing Manager
KIBO | Sales/Marketing | Dallas, TX
The Senior Product Marketing Manager role is a central part of our high energy, high-growth marketing team. Our product marketing master crafts the story about our products in a way that drives awareness and generates demand. They own the buyer personas, journey, map, and the relative targeting mix. If you are passionate about translating product details into consumable messaging, resources, and tools that enable cross-functional teams and fuel marketing materials then this role is for you. This guru possesses strong communication and project management skills and reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Drive client and market research initiatives that inform product portfolio strategy
- Define the market opportunity for each product and perform targeting/segmentation exercises
- Identify core demand type for each product (e.g. new concept, new paradigm, established market)
- Collaborate closely within the Product team to intimately understand the vision and business objectives for our products
- Provide thought leadership through demonstrated knowledge of the industry, target market, and client insight
Market & Buyer Expertise:
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to align efforts and effectively position and message our products by demonstrating unique value propositions against competitor offerings to our existing client and prospect client segments
- Build on existing buyer and user personas and journey maps and champion the use of these tools across the organization
- Partner with Product Management to package product oﬀerings that can be successfully monetized and brought to market
- Serve as a stakeholder in determining product pricing, naming, and packaging strategy
- Identify opportunities to accelerate product adoption and usage
Speaking to the Market:
- Manage launch planning and execution of go-to-market portion of product releases, including campaign strategy and/or alignment to existing solution campaign structure
- Collaborate with a formal sales enablement function on a well-defined sales enablement plan
- Deliver key metrics to leadership on the strategy behind Go-to-Market and provide insights into future strategic positioning
- Manage industry analyst relationships and oversee analyst engagement strategy
- Provide strategic guidance and collaborate with Marketing teams on development and execution of marketing plans
- Manage Product Marketing function within Marketing department
You’re might be a match if:
- You are project, detail and data oriented. You love getting good results and are extremely organized.
- You’re customer centric. You love serving as the voice of the customer and use that lens for all your projects.
- You’re holistic in how you approach your programs. You consider how product/business objectives are perceived by internal and external audiences.
- You get things done. You’re a stellar executor with the ability to manage projects across teams in a very timely manner.
- You’re a go-getter. People would describe you as highly motivated.
- You’re a good communicator. Not only do you have great interpersonal skills, but you can write and present well too.
- You’re a team player and you love developing your team.
- You’re comfortable and confident with cross-functional teams and able to influence action.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant B2B SaaS experience in product marketing
- 1-2 years of experience managing a small team
- Retail industry experience required
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Deep understanding of marketing campaign methodologies and principles. (Familiarity with Sirius Decision methodologies is preferred.)
- Excellent creative copy skills with demonstrated ability to write successfully for the web, Sales collateral, and other digital assets.
- Familiarity with conversion analytics, tracking methodologies, and a passion for data-driven reporting.