Front End Staff Engineer
PayLease | 210 - Engineering | San Diego, CA
PayLease has an exciting opportunity for a Front End Staff Engineer to join our engineering team and lead our front end web development.
What We Are Looking For
Ideally, you are a full-stack engineer and a wizard in all things front-end with 5-7 years of client-side web development, currently specialized in React. You should have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of the browser, networking, and designing/working with RESTful and Graphql APIs using various protocols (we use both Websockets and HTTP). You should be up to date on the latest and greatest in the React ecosystem, like Redux, Redux-Saga, middlewares as well as build tools like Webpack, Babel, etc.
- You are able to provide a reasonable level of effort estimation for features once provided with API documentation and hi-fi prototypes/UX materials.
- You are able to work with the engineering leadership to hold other front-end team members accountable for adhering to deadlines that have been agreed upon by the team.
- You are able to setup and maintain a development environment yourself, as well as maintain existing systems.
- Strong understanding of both object oriented and functional programming principles.
- Ability to spec, build, test, and assist in the deployment of all committed code.
- Work within current Agile team structure and project management framework.
- Redux, and Elixir (Phoenix framework).
- Provide mentorship/training to other members of the front-end team by conducting code reviews and ongoing bi-weekly training sessions.
- Work in an agile environment with other developers and our UX/Design team to design, prototype, and build new applications and features.
- Partner with our platform engineering team to design and plan how frontend apps will consume data from our core platform APIs.
- Write well-tested, highly-supportable, performant code.
- Minimum 5 years of client-side/front-end web development
- Must be able to work closely with the product manager, Director of Engineering, and UX lead to follow predefined user stories and wireframes.
- Experience with Phoenix web apps is a major plus, as well as any experience with React Native and other React-related libraries.
- Proficiency with REST APIs.
- Full stack experience with LAMP and .NET is a plus as well.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.