Customer Network Engineer
Upserve | Technology | Providence, RI
Meticulously planned, consistent, high-quality installations of Upserve Point-of-Sale (POS) is critical to the success of our business and our customers. As such, Upserve is seeking a Customer Network Engineer to join our Technical Operations team to serve our key customers. In this role you will ensure that POS installations meet all quality standards while also providing customers with expert IT help with their POS networking post-sale.
- Perform on-site surveys of potential installation site for Upserve POS.
- Perform installations of Upserve Point of Sale system on site at restaurants.
- Installation of network cabling and hardware to support Point of Sale systems.
- Configuration of network hardware.
- On-site training of how to use POS.
- On-site troubleshooting and repair of POS hardware or networking issues
- Contribute to continual improvement efforts.
- Assist managing Meraki standards for Upserve POS Meraki deployment.
- Assist in the sales process by consulting on connectivity solutions.
- Act as a mentor and SME to tier 2 and tier 3 support representatives for networking.
- Minimum, 5+ years of networking experience with Routers, Switches, WAN, LAN, VoIP, Telecom, and other network technologies.
- Cisco Certifications strongly preferred (CCNA, CCDA)
- ITIL Foundations v3 Certification or working knowledge thereof
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP—addressing, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), and transport protocols (UDP and TCP).
- Strong understanding of network services such as DNS, DHCP, NTP
- Experience with network monitoring, performance analysis, and capacity planning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail is a must.
- Must also be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and capable of performing moderate physical duties as needed.
- Must be able to travel extensively up to 100% during busy periods.