Global Network Architect
TIBCO | 84002 IT Infrastructure | Palo Alto, CA
Responsibility for the management of TIBCO’s company networks (LAN and WAN) and network links and ensuring that security is monitored and maintained and that network capacity (LAN and WAN) is sufficient for business requirements.
The specialist in this role will be a member of a team responsible on a day to day basis for the seamless running of all IT infrastructure elements. This role involves implementing Changes and operations, maintaining security and performing systems tuning and housekeeping.The analyst in this The This person may be required to contribute to the formulation of the IT strategy as required by TIBCO.
- Devise and manage LAN and WAN strategy ensuring that all systems are secure, resilient and have no single points of failure.
- Operationally manage LAN and WAN including procurement, maintenance, security, support and cost control.
- Manage provision of adequate network capacity and provide regular reporting of using existing reporting tools.
- Liaise with Infrastructure Team Leader\Manager to ensure adequate connectivity capacity to host and desktop systems.
- Secure all managed networks from unauthorized access and hacking including reporting network and system vulnerabilities. Ensure that all significant security holes are plugged.
- Ensure that all network and communications systems are adequately documented.
- Develop procedures for Helpdesk staff to carry out day to day admin of the systems (e.g. patching procedures).
- Provide 2nd. Line backup support for the Helpdesk for technical issues that exceed their capabilities.
- Act as networks subject matter expert working in close conjunction with the rest of the Technical Services team.
- Liaise with IT project management staff to provide technical input on proposed system developments.
- Work with the Infrastructure Project Manager in the Start-up, Initiation and Delivery of internal Infrastructure projects, working as the Technology lead on projects.
- Documents operational support processes related to the delivery of projects into the operational environment.
- Reviews and provides sign-off on project related documents prior to implementation into the operational environment
- Liaise with colleagues and the Business in regards to major System outages – both planned and unplanned to ensure managed, controlled and minimum disruption at all times
- Develop mutually effective relationships with external 3rd parties in order to align activity to the needs and priorities of the business and to ensure continuous improvement of the service provided.
- Monitor industry developments and contribute to TIBCO IT strategy with respect to the Network and where appropriate to conduct evaluations.
- Deliver all services in line with industry best practices, ITIL principles and frameworks
- Ensure that all relevant Audit polices are adhere to and updated when required.
- Assist in maintenance and regular scheduled testing of Disaster Recovery plans.
- Provision of out of office hours ‘on-call’ support for server platforms (as part of a rota).
- Update of network infrastructure in consultation with the Infrastructure Networks TSA.
- Ability to meet internal and external SLA's within defined timeframes