Manager PMO - REMOTE
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Sioux Falls, SD
The Manager, Program Management Office oversees of a team of Project Managers, responsible for implementing a large sub-set of projects and/or programs undertaken by CentralSquare Technologies. This role monitors and manages the accuracy of project timelines, tasks, milestones, resource requirements, costs, risks and execution, as well as completion of specific projects within their portfolio. The Manager, Program Management Office is also responsible for monitoring the portfolio of projects and tasks that are assigned to his/her staff and ensure that the revenue and profitability goals for the company are met, and projects are implemented consistent with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Manages activities of staff and department.
- Hires, trains, appraises, motivates, disciplines, and/or terminates personnel according to company guidelines. Recommends appropriate compensation considering market data and internal equity. Addresses employee complaints or grievances, utilizing the Human Resources department when needed.
- Provides meaningful feedback to direct reports including annual performance reviews. Works with each direct report to set and achieve annual goals.
- Identifies training needs of employees and organizes career advancement and progression of staff.
- Serves as the department focal point for employee engagement.
- Takes responsibility over the management, monitoring, and reporting the performance of the team using established project implementation processes and procures.
- Monitors project revenue, and other key performance indicators, in order to address performance issues and maintain alignment with the organization's strategic business goals.
- Ensures successful completion of the tasks and the projects on time, on budget, and within the defined scope.
- Leads correction process to ensure project and resource data is maintained consistently and in accordance with standards and methodologies.
- Develops revenue and department expense budgets and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including task and project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and project documentation.
- Supports staff in the definition and execution of project tasks and development of plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Participates in development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the Project Management team.
- Provides regular reports to applicable Managers and the Executive team.
- Actively participates in resolution of issues and conflicts, both internally and with clients and/or vendors.
- Engages in negotiation for new and existing projects as necessary.
- Acts as liaison with other departments and corporate functions such as Sales, Finance, Engineering and Product Management.
- Determines and communicates the resource prioritization process using appropriate criteria (e.g., dependencies, resource capacity and capability, technology) in order to sequence portfolio components.
- Actively listens to others points of view, including internal personnel, clients, and prospective clients. Utilizes information obtained to promote successful project completion.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience required.
- PMP certification preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management including techniques and tools. Proven experience with risk identification and management.
- Proficiency with Project Management Software and Microsoft Tools.
- Minimum five years of experience in a Project Management role. Minimum two years of experience in a supervisory position. Experience with software implementation desired.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills. Proven ability to negotiate and achieve agreeable terms. Demonstrated initiative. Strong attention to detail.
- Travel – 25%