Project Manager - Remote
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | REMOTE - US, FL
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, directing, and coordination of project activities and resources for assigned projects. These projects may involve the implementation of a combination of Software, Hardware, and services within the organization. The Project Manager is responsible for the successful on-time completion of projects and for managing interactions between different internal departments, as well as client and vendors. This role works with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgement. The work performed in this role will directly impact the productivity and effectiveness of the project team and resulting customer satisfaction. The project manager serves as the primary contact for our clients at public safety agencies (law enforcement, 911 dispatch centers, and correctional facilities) throughout their software implementation projects.
Job Duties Include:
- Initiates, plans, executes, controls and closes projects. Assembles the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Manages project scope, including project deliverables, timelines, client responsibilities and expectations. Forecasts, tracks, and manages projects toward achievement of the progress and revenue targets.
- Uses requirement-gathering techniques to record detailed customer requirements, enhancements, or feature requests in order to establish project deliverables.
- Creates and maintains detailed work plans and documentation for project implementation; communicates and reviews work assignments with team; manages day-to-day project activities.
- Establishes time lines for each phase of implementation: Kickoff, BPR, Configuration, Conversion, System Review, Training and Go Live.
- Implements the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Consistently exercises effective communication and follow through and acts as the Client’s single point of contact during the project implementation.
- Obtains sign-off on the completion of major project milestones.
- Prepares regular status reports and facilitates status meetings with CentralSquare team and customers.
- Encourages creation of lessons learned document during execution of project work. Follows up with team members to proactively avoid repeat problems for future implementations.
- Conducts customer visits during project implementation. May require up to 25% travel during implementation of projects.
- Creates weekly Financial Milestones, monthly Forecasting for Revenue Recognition and End of the Month Project Percent Complete.
- Participates in the development and implementation of standard project management processes and best practices.
- Consistently demonstrates accurate forecasts revenue for projects
- Bachelor’s degree preferred along with 1-3 years of Project Management experience or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and processes.
- Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively present to audiences of various sizes.
- Ability to travel up to 25%