IBMi System Services Systems Administrator
CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
This position is responsible for using IBMi related System Administrator skills to provide services to our Cloud System Services customers. Will work in a team environment and be responsible for administration of IBMi systems that are comprised of multiple LPARS across data centers in multiple physical locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job; additional responsibilities may be assigned as required by Management.
- Performs IBMi System administration on our Cloud RSP (Remote Service Provider) customers systems.
- Sets up IBMi software replication between multiple systems using Maxava replication software.
- Provides support to our clients on setup and use of Maxava replication software.
- Performs DR testing for our clients.
- Sets up and provides proactive system monitoring for event management and resolution or notification, using Halcyon system monitoring software
- Responsible for installing and upgrading the Superion applications, fixes, and services packs on an as-needed basis for our RSP (Remote Service Provider) clients.
- Diagnose and manage problems; perform root cause analysis.
- Provide support to customer technical staff and customer end-users.
- Provide customer support via phone, email and ticketing system.
- All duties are performed in direct support of Cloud Solutions customers, so excellent customer service phone skills are a must.
- Applicant must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
- Responsible for other special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years in IBMi System Administration. Not inclusive of programming experience.
- IBMi operating system expertise (V7.1 - V7.3).
- LPAR/HMC/multiple machines experience required.
- Knowledge of basic CL programming.
- Familiarity with at least 1 IBMi replication tool such as MAXAVA, MIMIX, iTERA, is a MUST.
- Knowledge of IBM’s BRMS and tape operations is desired.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot object level security.
- Experience with subsystem and job management.
- Experience with supporting applications running on the IBMi.
- Familiarity with system monitoring software such as Halycon is preferred.
- Proficiency with IBM ACS, and IBMi Access and System i Navigator including SSL configuration.
- Ability to document, communicate, and adhere to policies and standards for systems as deemed necessary.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN.
- TCP/IP configuration, troubleshooting and implementation.
- Journal maintenance experience is a must.
- Interact professionally with internal and external contacts with various levels of technical expertise to obtain, analyze, and discuss business processes and solutions.
- Must plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and manage projects and adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience using Microsoft Office for daily administrative tasks.
- Ability to adapt and self-educate on new technologies to provide assistance and/or recommendations regarding its usage.
- Experience with the following software desired: MAXAVA, Halcyon.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain Current IBMi System Administrator Certification.
- Customer support experience.