Sr. Python C++ Developer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
So you say you are a hardworking, passionate, and highly motivated Software Engineer who loves building (and actually shipping) software? Awesome! We are a team of highly skilled Software Engineers who put CentralSquare Technologies at the front of the public safety software industry by building innovative applications that users enjoy using. So if you are ready to build software that truly does make a difference in our society, this position is exactly what you are looking for.
CentralSquare Technologies provides comprehensive public safety software solutions to agencies across the U. S., encompassing computer-aided dispatch, mapping, records management, jail management, civil process, criminal investigations, crime analysis, agency financial, agency administration, and mobile CAD and records.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for enhancing and
maintaining existing applications, troubleshooting, and resolving defects in an
agile team environment. The Senior Software Engineer conducts complex work with
limited supervision and a wide latitude for independent judgment. The Software
Engineer must demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in his/her personal
work as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasing
his/her technical knowledge.
- Understands product architecture design and assists the Software Architects in architectural design and prototyping.
- Plays a significant role in design details and code reviews for products throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Review user stories and implement outstanding technical solutions.
- Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Operates as a resource for all Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing.
- Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department
standards for software development best practices.
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Exceptionally strong analytical and coding skills
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Advanced knowledge with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Bonus points for:
- Very proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)
- An avid gamer (video, board, RPG, etc.)