Mid Level Software Developer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
So you say you are a hardworking, passionate, and highly motivated Software Engineer who loves building (and actually shipping) software? Awesome! We are a team of highly skilled Software Engineers who put CentralSquare Technologies at the front of the public safety software industry by building innovative applications that users enjoy using. So if you are ready to build software that truly does make a difference in our society, this position is exactly what you are looking for.
CentralSquare Technologies provides comprehensive public safety software solutions to agencies across the U. S., encompassing computer-aided dispatch, mapping, records management, jail management, civil process, criminal investigations, crime analysis, agency financial, agency administration, and mobile CAD and records.
The Mid Level Software Engineer
is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing applications,
troubleshooting, and resolving defects in an agile team environment. The Mid
Level Software Engineer conducts complex work with limited supervision and a
wide latitude for independent judgment. The Software Engineer must demonstrate
advanced technical proficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute
to the team’s continued success by increasing his/her technical knowledge.
- Review user stories, implement solid technical solutions, and participate in code reviews. Strives for minimal distractions, high throughput, and excellent quality.
- Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Operates as a resource to less experienced Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department
standards for software development best practices.
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Very strong analytical and coding skills
- Very strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Bonus points for:
- Very proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Intimately familiar with advanced data structures and algorithms and eager to discuss them
- Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)
- An avid gamer (video, board, RPG, etc.)