Omnitracs | Accounting | Dallas, TX
The Billing Associate prepares monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to facilitate the accounting close; records month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing journal entries; supports intercompany transactions and reconciliations; maintains fixed asset accounts; supports product evaluation and customer retention programs; and ensures accuracy and compliance of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and internal policies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Month-end, quarter-end and year end closing journal entries
- Coordinate weekly billing cycles and issuance of system generated invoices
- Research and explain monthly variances
- Maintain balance sheet accounts including pre-paids, intangible assets, goodwill, accrued liabilities and portions of deferred revenue
- Preparation and maintenance of manual AR invoices
- Research and resolve AP & GL interface errors
- Work with Sales and Customer Service groups to support product evaluation and customer retention programs
- Assist in financial reporting and compliance with internal controls
- Special and ongoing projects as required
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 0-1 year experience
- Knowledge of general accounting functions and practices
- Knowledge of accounting software principles
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, retain and apply knowledge
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, good judgment and logical decision making ability with a hands-on approach to assigned tasks
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.