Cloud Operations Engineer I - Weekend Shifts
Jamf | 410 - Cloud Operations | Katowice, Silesian Voivodeship
The Cloud Operations Engineer I is a part of the Global Cloud Operations team within Cloud & Delivery and works with other Cloud Operations Engineers, SysDev Engineers, Security Operations Engineers and other departments such as Support and Customer Success. In this role they provide installation, monitoring, tuning, backup, recovery, and issue resolution for the Linux-based cloud infrastructure used in delivering Jamf technologies and services to our customers.
Top priorities for Cloud Operations Engineers are:
1) responding to and resolving alerts,
2) Handling, working and resolving cases (service requests).
All Cloud Operations Engineers are responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with processes, procedures that support our Security, Compliance requirements as well as our service level agreements.
Weekend Cloud Operations Engineers, once fully on-boarded, will work a 3x12 plus public holidays schedule. The schedule for weekend cloud operations staff will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Monitor Linux system, database, and network performance to detect problems early and respond within an SLA
- Effectively triage emergent situations, and resolve or escalate incidents in accordance with an SLA
- Monitor software and network security on team managed servers and networks
- Configure and maintain server auditing and network monitoring tools
- Develop and implement performance tuning steps for application, system, and network configurations
- Provide solutions and direction to customer issues via phone or email in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain and expand technical documentation of processes and procedures.
- Participate in system administration duties for cloud-based server infrastructure
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of knowledge of Jamf products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, a combination of education and relevant experience may be considered)
- 2 or more years’ experience in an IT operations environment (Required)
- 2 or more years’ Systems Administration experience, on any platform (Required)
- 2 or more years’ experience working with Linux/Unix command line interfaces, including shell scripting (Required)
- General Experience managing priorities and responding effectively to emergent incidents both independently and with a team (Required)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Network diagnostic skills
- Ability to adapt and solve challenges quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team