Omnitracs | CT - Professional Services | Dallas, TX
The Omnitracs Project Manager works with Professional Services management and customers to implement the Omnitracs solution at customer locations. This involves working with customers and with multiple teams throughout the Omnitracs organization to assess project readiness, prepare project management documents, lead customer calls, manage system implementation and training activities, coordinate all implementation tasks and resources, manage customer issues, and maintain project status records.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage large, multi-location, multi-phase implementations as well as technical projects spanning seven of the core products.
- Coordinate with Sales, Customer Experience, Sales Engineering, the Professional Services PMO, and customers to gather customer data and ensure project readiness.
- Prepare initial project management documents and tools based on templates and the Professional Services Statement of Work and or Price Schedule, including the project kick-off presentation, project plans, issues lists, and other standard PS tools.
- Lead discovery and consulting calls with internal teams and Omnitracs customers.
- Resolve technical and customer problems, escalating issues and inquiries when necessary.
- Assume responsibility for documenting project activities and status in Salesforce and Financial Force and provide status information to project teams, Professional Services management, and other Omnitracs teams relevant to client billable work.
- Act as project lead on internal projects, such as building the framework for and mentoring teammates on new PS service offerings.
- Perform best practices analysis and consult with customers and PS management on increasing ROI.
- Interact with customers in a professional manner, including proper handling of customer complaints.
- Respond to customer email inquiries in a professional manner.
Mentor junior project manager team members on project management and PS activities.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- CERTIFICATIONS: PMP preferred or equivalent work experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years’ experience with software implementation project management.
- Experience with the Omnitracs software solutions strongly preferred.
- Excellent listening, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Windows.
- Ability to learn and stay current on Omnitracs’ product suite.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks and deliver high quality services.
- Ability to operate in a high energy, fast-paced enterprise software environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and embrace change enthusiastically.
- Ability to function effectively in a project team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Some travel required.