Application Support Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Do you have a passion for technology? Do you enjoy solving real world problems? Do you have a helpful and inquisitive mindset? If you answered yes to all three questions, then keep reading!
This entry level Application Support Engineer opportunity is a jack of all technology trades. This role is technical in nature and provides exposure to all major aspects of cloud based software (debugging/coding, networking, database/infrastructure). Our end goal is to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with our products from a technical perspective. This entails doing everything we can to make sure that our products are bug free and have top-notch performance.
As far as important candidate qualities go, strong communication and the ability to work with multiple teams is a must. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the tools and technologies you have used in the past.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide top-tier software support for Cvent’s product offerings to our customer service team and clients. This role is not customer facing.
- Assist operations and development teams with debugging software issues.
- Query databases to generate and analyze data for reporting and troubleshooting purposes.
- Work with our sales engineering team to ensure the successful operation of our partner and client integrations.
- Work with multiple teams to find, analyze, and resolve client issues.
- Troubleshoot and maintain frontend and backend systems.
- Monitor, document and report system and performance issues.
- Facilitate communication between technology teams and other departments on issue status and resolution.
- Supply in-depth technical and business product knowledge to multiple teams.
- Weekend on-call support on a rotational basis is required for this position.
What You Need for this Position
Do not worry if you do not know all the specific technologies listed below! Our training program lasts 3-4 weeks and will help bring you up-to-speed on both our products and the technologies they use.
- The successful candidate will have 0 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Holds a Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical diploma.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of relational databases and how to query data using SQL.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Solid knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical information to a general audience.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Zealous attention to detail.
Wondering what other technologies and tools we use? See below. Any experience with these is a plus!
- Monitoring tools: NewRelic, Splunk, Datadog.
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services
- Programming: Java, C#, .Net, Node.js
- Open source and NoSQL database technologies: Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
- APIs: SOAP or REST based
- Build & deploy technologies: Docker and Jenkins
- Version control: Git
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, bonuses, and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com.