VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Cvent | Information Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
Skills & Requirements
- Support and automate AWS deployments, configurations, and other tasks using scripts, Chef, Jenkins, Cloud Formation and other methodologies
- Build, configure, support, and manage machines running Linux (and sometimes Windows) and critical services our applications depend on
- Support infrastructure that runs in AWS and native services like Route53, System Service Manager, ECS, S3, EC2 and more
- Support infrastructure that runs in our data centers and the services that support that infrastructure like physical compute cluster nodes, storage devices, Oracle hardware, and remote-hands support in the data centers.
- Modernize existing tools or processes to use native AWS services.
- Automate manual tasks.
- Deploy instances and software using Chef, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation (or similar).
- Work closely with information security and network teams to receive and/or provide guidance and implement system security best practices
- Work closely with DevOps and SRE teams to resolve complex issues related to a variety of server and compute platforms that host Cvent’s SaaS products and critical Corporate Systems
- Work with our NOC team to monitor and respond to alerts
- Escalate issues when necessary, involve, and work with other engineers and/or stakeholders
- 5-8 years of experience in an IT corporate environment, with at least 5 years as an enterprise level Linux Systems Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN networks, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP and HTTP
- Familiar with ITSM tools and processes – ITIL Incident/Problem/Change management using ServiceNow or Atlassian Jira and/or Confluence
- Identify, prioritize, and address infrastructure issues before they cause an outage
- Desire and ability to own problems and solve them
- Team player with excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to manage assignments independently
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification is added advantage