Cash Collections Manager
Khoros | 9400: Finance | Portland, OR
This Manager role is responsible for leading Khoros’s Cash Collections team ensuring customer questions are answered and cash collected in a timely manner. This includes the management of accounts receivable collections, customer billing inquiries, cash applications and reconciliations. This role provides leadership to a team of 3+ team members. This role and team work directly with Khoros customers as well as coordinates customer issue resolution activities, and partners with Sales, Customer Success, and Legal teams.
This individual works collaboratively with Sales, Customer Success, Legal, Accounting and various functions across the entire business in delivering best-in-class customer service.
As Khoros grows, increasing automation to support customer requests will be critical. We are passionate about our operations and our team. We are looking for an individual who will be an exemplary team leader and will know how to design, scale, and manage operations while seeking continuous process and system improvements.
This position reports to the VP of Financial Operations.
- Maintain responsibility for achieving all cash collection goals, primarily tied to:
- The timely resolution of customer billing queries per SLA
- Effective collection efforts and AR aging controls
- Accurate and efficient cash applications and reconciliations
- Responsible for delivery of service-level turn-around times for both internal and external customers
- Identify and implement automation and process improvements to increase the throughput of the team and enable them to focus on the more unique customer inquiries and challenges.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach Cash Operations teams and grow as needed to support global operations
- Design, track, and report on key operational metrics for AR and Cash operations
- Provide management oversight on reviewing and approving credit memos and refunds for processing, in accordance with company control guidelines
- Serve as primary point of escalation for Sales, Customer Success, and Legal teams
- Collaborate and communicate policies, processes and procedures across functional teams
- Be the primary contact for the accounting team on monthly close tasks
- Drive continuous AR and Cash operations process improvements, controls, and systems/tools optimization
- Other special projects as requested
- 5+ years of progressive AR and Cash experience in a fast-paced environment, SaaS preferred
- Strategic thinker and process optimizer who can identify and quickly resolve friction in the “billing to collection” process.
- Ability to influence and bring team members and partners along to create and implement win-win solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing people and relationships
- Well organized; ability to prioritize tasks and provide a high-level of accuracy
- High degree of curiosity in continuously optimizing team efficiency by analysing problems, Ability to analyze problems, developing/recommending solutions, and resolving issues
- Highly proficient with the use of technology for automating and streamlining processes
- Ability to interact with the rest of the team and outside parties and remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- BA in accounting, operations or related field