IT Tech II
MINDBODY | Product Development | Pune, Maharashtra
JOB TITLE: IT Technician II
JOB FUNCTION: Information Technology
JOB FAMILY: IT - IT Operations
REPORTS TO: Richard Ungeheuer
DATE UPDATED: 4/22/2019
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
IT Operations are the processes and services administered by MINDBODY’s IT department. This includes support for hardware and software, and for our internal team.
Performs basic information support tasks/assignments for supporting hardware and software products, video and network infrastructure equipment, or telecommunications infrastructure, software or hardware. The IT Tech II will operate using procedures and apply innovative approaches to complete assignments. Complex issues are referred to higher level Desktop Support staff for resolution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3 – 5 years related experience, including experience in an enterprise helpdesk setting
- CompTIA A+/Network+ and/or ITIL Foundation Certified desired
- Experience supporting and demonstrated technical knowledge of Windows OS (specifically Windows 10) and Mac OS X
- Experience with mobile device management platforms
- Basic knowledge of virtualization
- Working knowledge of Directory Services (Active Directory), Windows domains and User administration
- Working knowledge of laptop hardware, software configuration, SaaS administration
- Working knowledge of wireless network configurations, experience supporting networked printers, and mobile/wireless devices
- Basic knowledge of AV and video conference services
- Experience with ticketing systems. ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Experience with Exchange/O365 administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft products: Outlook, SharePoint, Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills with ability to articulate technical information, both verbal and written, to a diverse range of people and skill levels
- Proactive and self-motivated mindset, able to work well independently but still collaborate effectively in a larger team environment
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, exciting, fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service, organization and time-management skills
- Excellent technical troubleshooting, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical assistance and day-to-day desktop and network support to staff at sites throughout the globe.
- Responds to inquiries from end users regarding question, problems, or errors about hardware or software by phone, email, in person, self-service or ticketing system in a timely manner, in accordance with defined standards.
- Identifies and resolves computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved. Escalates unknown or unusual problems to functional lead or IT staff as applicable for resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining and configuring desktop/laptop computers, software applications, phone hardware, printers, and network hardware, working with vendors if necessary.
- Manages a varying case count, tracks cases and updates in ticketing system in a timely and consistent manner.
- Provides timely customer follow up and status reports until the issue is resolved.
- Expected to help create and follow processes, set and maintain standards and meet expected support SLAs and customer service standards.
- Directly contributes to the overall success of organizational milestones and key results.
- Responsible for system and user administration of IT SaaS applications (Okta, Zoom, Salesforce)
- Manages equipment inventory and makes sure they are up to date through mobile device management software
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users. Contributes knowledge to a company-wide knowledge base. Keeps current the working knowledge of a variety of commonly used hardware and software applications.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- Occasional travel is required to other company sites, professional development training and vendor sites.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________