Senior Manager/Director - Datawarehousing
Cvent | Information Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
About the Datawarehouse/BI-Sr. Manager opportunity
Data Warehousing Sr. Manager manages the daily activities of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts. Oversees data design and the creation of database architecture and data repositories. Being a Data Warehousing Manager ensures proper balance between front-end systems and back-end processing capabilities. Installs processes for auditing data warehouses and ensuring data quality. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Data Warehousing Sr. Manager typically requires 12-15 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 4 to 5 years supervisory experience may be required.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including architecture, sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Apply standards, best practices and design patterns when practical/justified to deliver solutions.
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- Monitor new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
- Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements.
- Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Create or implement metadata processes and frameworks.
- Manage all maintenance and development processes and ensure compliance to SOX guidelines.
- Prepare functional or technical documentation for data warehouses.
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience, 4-5 years of people management and preferably a master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or similar field.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS. As an expert would need to implement, manage & organize the entire DW/BI infrastructure for the organization.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Should have good working experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence suite environment to setup and manage data environment using various tools for build data infrastructure in the cloud.
- Experience using multiple SDLC methodologies and best practices, preferably in the development of Data Warehouse solutions Experience and advanced understanding of relational and data warehouse DBMS environment. Star schema, snow-flaking, slowly changing dimensions, aggregate table design and navigation, operational data stores, data marts, etc.
- Deep knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools for analytic, standard and ad-hoc reporting solutions.
- Strong understanding of metadata and data quality concepts.
- Ability to mentor and lead business and technical teams through design walk throughs.
- 3+ MSBI experience, 3+ years on AWS environment.