Customer Marketing Manager
Ping Identity | Marketing - Corporate Comm (7101) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a Denver-based Customer Marketing Manager to bring Ping Identity’s story to life through the voice of the customer. In this role, the right candidate will grow our community of customer champions, which represent more than half of the Fortune 100, and be the internal expert on our advocates’ stories. You’ll build high-impact programs and elevate Ping’s brand. We want candidates who can flex their creative muscles! This role requires creative marketing and communication skills to engage and motivate customer advocates.
This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring close collaboration with sales, marketing, customer success, product management and Ping executives. The Customer Marketing Manager is personable, outgoing and can act as a liaison between customers and the rest of the organization.
The Customer Marketing Manager must have prior management experience to mentor and provide strategic direction to the customer advocacy specialist. This individual will be based in Denver, CO with occasional travel.
- Own Ping’s global customer advocacy program, cultivating champions who support sales and marketing initiatives by sharing their stories via AR / PR, reference calls, social media and first- and third-party events.
- Create content that showcases our customers’ successes with Ping technology, including case studies, videos, slides and other collateral.
- Lead advocacy efforts through the Influitive platform, driving growth and engagement within Ping’s online customer community.
- Oversee customer speaker recruitment and management for user conferences, webinars, internal presentations and other events.
- Build awareness of the customer advocacy program internally and externally, helping to foster Ping’s customer-first culture across the organization.
- Manage annual awards program.
- Develop and execute on Ping’s CISO Advisory Council and Customer Advisory Board.
- Build out Ping’s executive briefing program.
- Own Ping’s monthly customer newsletter and support other customer communications.
Build a rapport with customers to increase cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- 7-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business
- Must possess strong writing skills, infused with creativity!
- Experience working in a fast-paced B2B environment
- Track record of growing or contributing to a successful customer marketing or advocacy program
- A customer-first mindset, with the ability to create strong relationships with customers and champions their needs internally
- Interpersonal skills to help nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Previous Customer Success or Marketing experience
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes and tools such as Marketo and Salesforce
- Great energy, attention to detail and project management abilities