CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Support | REMOTE - West Coast Region, CA
The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting a 24/7 public safety data center, network, and communications center. Major job functions include installing, configuring, and maintaining datacenter hardware; configuring, maintaining, and managing a geo-diverse multi-cluster VMware environment; administering and managing an Active Directory domain and related policy; and all related network engineering.
- Manages and maintains core Inform CAD and related databases to ensure highest performance and quality of data.
- Understands and supports the structure of CAD, mobile and interfaces from an architectural aspect: ANI/ALI, MOBILE, TEST ENVIRONMENT & DISASTER RECOVERY.
- Can assist in the support of GIS related projects from CAD perspective, maintenance of the road network and turn by turn directions.
- Supports the disaster recovery framework:
o DR failover systems
o SQL Replication
o CAD Down procedures
o Cloud based recovery systems
o Backup facilities strategies
- Assists in mobile networking solutions and planning for the MDC mobile network.
- Ensures best practices for CAD security from a networking and engineering perspective (within the center and mobility solutions)
- Participates in on-call after hours support
- Participates in meetings as needed.
- Participates in the established ticketing system.
- Participates in the training for customer staff and self.
- Attends technical training offered by CentralSquare to maintain a current knowledge of CentralSquare’s applications
- Ability to continue passing background check requirement for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
- Adheres to and promotes CentralSquare core values, vision, ownership in action and honoring commitments.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Professional Certifications: Technical certifications VCP, MCITP and CCNP, is required.
- Advanced technical skills with extensive knowledge of commonly used technology, concepts, practices and procedures of windows-based computer software and hardware.
- Understanding of relational databases with exposure to or experience with SQL servers and databases.
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP protocol, and routing configuration.
- Experience creating or administering a large LAN/WAN environment.
- Understanding a VM server environment.
- Must have knowledge of recent versions of Microsoft Windows, Server and SQL
- Experience managing a VM environment
- Experience in a Firewall management.
- Experience in the public safety industry/EMS is helpful but not required.
- First rate-interpersonal skills, positive client service skills, problem solving skills and writing skills necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritizing and accurately completing items in a timely manner while in a potential stressful environment.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must possess demonstrated analytical an organizational skill and be able to resolve complex application problems.