EAB | G&A | Richmond, VA
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
The EAB Talent department is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Analyst on the Incentive and Compensation team. This person will create, process, and analyze complex compensation programs and payments and become knowledgeable in HR systems, reporting, and analytics. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, Excel, and database skills.
Our current opportunity is based either in Richmond, VA or Washington, D.C.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Total Rewards to manage compensation, workday, and workforce analytics processes across the firm
- Manage market pricing tool, including market pay data and manage annual salary range refresh process
- Assist with documentation of firm bonus plans
- Track and periodically report on performance against campaign and annual plans
- Expertly use excel formulas and multiple source databases
- Take the lead on auditing compensation and workforce data/processes to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Assist in developing total cash pay structure, compensation data, and workforce analytics presentations on metrics, reports, and analysis
- Support in communication of compensation philosophy to staff and compensation guidance to business partners and man
- Maintain and manage the salary, variable pay and job profile creation in workday
- Summarize and report total compensation practices and data to Senior Director
- Become knowledgeable in HR systems and reporting (Workday, Hirebridge, and MarketPay); use that knowledge to drive utilization of systems, optimization of functionality, and efficiencies in business processes
- Continuous research and learning of new industry trends in compensation
- Contribute to strategic decision making through the collection, analysis, and application of workforce data
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent academic record
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications, specifically Excel, and experience writing formulas
- Experience writing and/or managing a database
- Attention to detail
- 3+ years of experience
- Ability to communicate with internal clients
- Ability to handle confidential information with absolute discretion
- Proven ability to learn new tools, techniques, and skills
- Experience finding multiple solutions to complex problems
- Proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience in performing data analysis with surveys or performing workforce analytics
- Experience working with HR Information Systems.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.