Agile Project Manager I
EagleView | Engineering & IT | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Mixing technology, data, and first in class innovation, EagleView is not only leading the aerial imaging market, but also changing lives along the way. Come join us and make great things happen!
EagleView is a fast-growing technology company driving game changing innovation in multi-billion dollar markets such as property insurance, energy, construction and government. Leveraging 17 years of the most advanced aerial imaging technology in the world, along with the most recent advances in machine learning and AI, EagleView is fundamentally transforming how our customers do business.
EagleView has a “work-hard, play-hard” culture and we’ve been continually named a Best Place to Work because of our belief that making the workplace fun is a key to success. Our kitchens are stocked 24/7, social, athletic and wellness opportunities are plentiful, and the growth, education and potential of employees is a top priority.
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning and supporting the day-to-day operations of EagleView’s engineering projects. As an APM, you will work closely with the product team to build and maintain project scope and content, delivery schedule, and team allocations. You will be the primary interface between Engineering and all external project stakeholders on project delivery outlooks. You should be someone who excels at facilitating complex deliveries across multiple teams in an agile environment, and enjoy leading scrum teams.
Our ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail and dependencies, strong communication skills, self-motivation, and a highly organized nature. They will lead our engineering teams through the development life cycles of our many brands' new digital products including websites, applications, marketing platforms, and native apps, as well as maintaining and improving our current products.
- Lead and manage large, complex engineering-wide projects consisting of software and hardware deliverables from multiple, globally distributed, agile teams.
- Facilitate scoping and planning work needed for requirements (provided by Product Owners) for features/products/projects
- Use internal tools and processes to identify the most efficient resource utilization and provide evergreen resource allocation outlooks across multiple agile projects
- Own engineering release planning, providing external stakeholders with schedule, cost and content, aligned to the Global Release Calendar
- Act as a cross functional leader, coordinating with other APMs, Product Owners and Engineering Leadership to identify and propose solutions to resource or schedule constraints
- Proactively manage risks and drive issues to resolution – effectively communicate actions and needs to stakeholders
- Ensure all stakeholders are aligned (Finance, Ops, Engineering, etc.)
- Follow and evangelize both the Product Development Process, and the SDLC, from Kick Off through to Closure – use the process as a means to drive for successful outcomes, *not* as an end unto itself
- Act as a change agent by identifying both internal and external process improvement opportunities to optimize overall delivery
- Depending on skills and background, you may be asked to provide Scrum Master support to one or two agile scrum teams.
- Support collection, publishing, and utilization of metrics to drive improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- 1-4 yrs of experience and expertise in agile software development life cycle models
- Experience working with requirements repositories, work tracking systems, source control systems, preferably JIRA, Portfolio and Aha!
- Background in development using Go, Python, Java, or C++. Familiarity with web-based technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of GIS, neural nets and machine learning applications a plus.
- Scrum OR Kanban / PMP / Prince certified
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.