Product Support Engineer
DealerSocket | Product Support Engineers - Website | ,
Product Support Engineer
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of the Product Support Engineer group, and works directly with Support personnel to provide world class support for the DealerSocket suite of products. One of the primary goals of this position is to assist the Customer Support team with issues that are more technically complex. This person provides support services and incident management via email, web and telephone. Responsibilities include setting & managing customer expectations, timely communication, root-cause analysis, performance & process improvement, troubleshooting, trending and resolving complex software support cases. This position will work closely with Product & Engineering teams. This expert will identify and reproduce issues, recommend improvements to the product, and will assist with beta testing of new releases.
This Job Description indicates the major duties required, but does not include all the duties and qualifications required of an employee
Essential Job Duties
- Provide support via email, web and telephone in a fast- paced support environment and provide an escalation point of contact for Support groups.
- Manage customer expectations, provide timely updates, troubleshoot & resolve complex technical issues, perform root-cause analysis and drive performance & process improvements
- Take complete ownership of reported issues and own/manage them through to their completion.
- Coordinate problem resolution across multiple departments and disciplines; proactively work with internal engineering teams to communicate and resolve technical problems.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the products, functions and diagnostic capabilities. Attend training and self-study to acquire, maintain and improve job skills.
- Use knowledge management tools to research and document problems and their resolutions.
- Use case management tools to document problems; provide updates and to record resolutions.
- Work as a team member with other Product Support Engineers and support personnel both in and outside the Support Group.
- Develop and deliver new product training to Support team and other product specialists.
- Provide feedback to engineering on product performance, stability, quality and supportability at all stages of the product life cycle.
- Perform testing on new release versions, and new product features and functions prior to their release to evaluate performance against operational requirements.
- Collaboration with internal teams in identifying product defects, designing solutions, and testing.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Product, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting software-related issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system, requirements, other technical teams, etc.
- Ability to analyze packet traces.
- Solid authoring skills to document customer information and recurring issues to support product quality programs and product development; author and publish content to contribute to training and knowledge.
- Ability to demonstrate assertiveness and confidence when working with customers.
- A keen analytical mind and advanced problem-solving skills coupled with a commitment to extraordinary customer experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a positive attitude.
- Display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-direct work, with demonstrated ability to complete multiple competing tasks under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and creative problem solving.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of senior level technical support experience
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!