Senior Test Engineer - OEM
Omnitracs | SW Engineering | Dallas, TX
Perm Full Time
Omnitracs is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to help define and execute Test Strategy to support various OEM initiatives that Omnitracs has in place with multiple OEM vendors. The ideal candidate must have significant experience working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment working with internal and external stake-holders especially collaborating with OEM vendors. The candidate must have wholistic understanding of the Test landscape ranging across Unit, System, Integration, Performance and Salability testing and through understanding of the Alpha, Beta and Release processes. The candidate must have exceptional analytical, articulation and negotiation skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and execute complete Test Strategy for OEM integration projects
- Subject matter expert on OEM integrations and products internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively multitask and work on multiple projects/platforms
- Coordinate environment readiness with all teams (internal and External) to ensure alignment for tests
- Closely monitor project progress and risks and ensure timely escalation of critical issues to team management.
- Provide detailed Testing progress and status reports in a clearly and concisely manner to the leadership team
- Serves as the Test specialist for the organization in the OEM space.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Participates as a team lead where needed.
- Able to coach and mentor all levels below.
- Collects and provides metrics to the Test leadership and make sure the KPIs are tracked and accomplished at the project level.
- Bachelor's or masters in any STEM
- 10 + years experience in Software Quality Assurance field.
- 3+ years of hands-on OEM integration projects
- Experience working with Engine Programming (Cummins, Volvo, Daimler etc.)
- Exposure and experience working with:
- General purpose High-level protocols(HLPs) like ISO TP, TP2.0
- Special purpose HLPs like vehicle operational (CANOpen, J1939 etc.) & Diagnostics (UDS, On-board diagnostics etc.)
- Diagnostics / Prognostics
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.