UX Designer (Mid-level)
Vertafore | Product Management | Denver, CO
As a UX Designer II you will be an influential contributor in improving the workflows and overall user experience of hundreds of thousands of insurance providers and consumers. This person will partner with the other UX/UI team members, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to identify design problems and validate useful, usable, and feasible design solutions.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who strive to create user-centered platforms. Our team thrives on cross-functional collaboration and connecting one-on-one with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs. Insurance is complicated, but we believe its software doesn’t have to be!
Core requirements and responsibilities:
- Engage in product definition discussions with Product Managers and Product Owners in order to identify assumptions and clear, concise, and comprehensive goals.
- Partner with and support Design Researchers in conducting user discovery, concept validation, and usability testing.
- Document and socialize usability findings with cross-functional teams.
- Translate research findings and recommendations into evidence-based wireframes.
- Balance industry best practices with new ideas / concepts.
- Provide clear documentation and annotations for UI Designers and Software Engineers.
- Partner with UI Designers to establish reusable functionality as a part of our Design System.
- Build amicable, productive, trusting relationships with partner teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You pride yourself in being an effective communicator that is tactfully direct.
- You have a nuanced perspective and ask questions to get to the heart of the problem at hand.
- You have a good grasp of design thinking methodologies, using empathy and critical thinking to understand and frame problems.
- You are interested in developing your research skills, by leading well-framed usability testing: planning, recruiting, leading, analyzing results, making design recommendations, and communicating findings & recommendations.
- You clearly and concisely communicate ideas, perspectives, user research, design problems, and design solutions in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
- You balance passion for your craft with a dedication to on-time, on-target delivery of work.
- You have 2-5 years of professional experience in an agency or software setting or comparable education/work experience.
- Your expertise is demonstrated by a compelling portfolio that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills.
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, Sketch, and similar design tools.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 5% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.