Sr. Manager of Professional Services
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Lake Mary, FL
Senior Manager, Professional Services
Responsible for managing a professional services team in the successful implementation of complex enterprise software. This includes supervision of services personnel, development of service delivery processes, evaluation of implementation solutions, and organizational change/readiness of new products and solutions. This leader is also responsible for conceiving of and implementing innovations that deliver more efficient and effective implementations to our customers, as well as supporting the proposals scoping and estimation process.
The individual is responsible for providing direction and guidance to direct reports and other staff in the development of skills, processes and tools that drive higher billable utilization, time to value, repeatability, and customer success. The individual is responsible for upskilling resources and owns monthly billable utilization for their team.
- Directly supervise a team of 10-15 Professional Services Consultants; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; achieving company short term incentive goals and managing long term career action plans.
- Maintains a proactive management philosophy which includes planning, proper communication of status, issues and events; strives to anticipate problem resolution with a proactive approach.
- Responsible for assisting with delivery of new enhancement training to internal personnel and external customers.
- Responsible for assisting with delivery of resources who present various sessions at national and regional customer user group meetings.
- Maintain a certain percentage of employee utilization while continuing to keep team up to date on software enhancements and assist other departments as necessary.
- Responsible for implementing an application certification program for billable staff on the team, and incorporate the program into employee career progression.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, objectives and infrastructure and steers the implementation process to satisfy those requirements; monitors effectiveness in satisfying customer needs.
- Responsible for coordinating resources for documentation and training guide periodic review.
- Coordinates and conducts regular team meetings to communicate pertinent Company and team information; ensures that good lines of communication and good working relationships are maintained with all personnel involved in the implementation process, both internal and external; maintains open lines of communication with customers, employees and third parties assigned by monitoring/reporting project status, problems, time schedules, and accomplishments on an ongoing basis; verifies notification to proper parties involved in implementation effort; finalizes implementation schedules with employees and customers.
- Manages customer escalations to ensure that customer issues are reported and efficiently controlled from recognition to resolution, and that customer expectations are met in a timely fashion; acts as a liaison between the customer and Company resources for problems that may occur during the implementation process.
- Ensures that team visits customer sites as required; treats customers in a professional manner; and follows up rapidly on all requests for information, support and services.
- Assists in the analysis of Professional Services consulting projects to determine the degree of difficulty involved and the number of days necessary to complete the project.
- Participates in sales presentations for new prospects on an as-needed basis; assists the Sales & Marketing Departments in completing RFP’s on an as-needed basis.
- Ensures Team remains current on areas of specialization with regard to product changes and enhancements; develops expert, specialized application/Team knowledge by using available documentation and attending training classes.
- Maintains communication with peers, superiors and other departments; provides support to other departments on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or similar area
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience in the software industry preferably dealing directly with implementation/installation and/or professional services efforts.
- Proven experience coordinating complex, customer-related and service activities as well as an ability to oversee remote resources is required.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting and project management tools.
- Strong financial acumen, able to manage budgets, plan capacity, and forecast revenue
- Skilled communicator who can deal with all levels of technical, user and management resources from an end user to the President.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel approximately 35% of the time.