Technical Support Engineer - Contract
Xactly Corporation | Customer Support | Denver, CO
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer - Contract position
Function: Customer Support
Position Type: Contract
Position Level: Experienced
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Technical Support Analyst at Xactly Corporation, you’ll be responsible for providing excellent integration support for high profile customers. We are seeking an energetic, driven and articulate team player who is passionate about technology, learning, and helping others. We’re all about making things easier, better, and more efficient. Our goal is to build the best Customer Support department on the planet, and you will help us do that!
Xactly’s Technical Support team is a tight-knit and growing team. The team is charged with troubleshooting integration issues that customers may have. This is behind the scenes work as these integration processes are running on the backend. It’s a global team with members in San Jose, Denver, Bangalore, Toronto, and Australia. The team works closely to transfer knowledge and collaborate to ensure we deliver quality support to our customers.
THE SKILL SET:
- Experience working with integrations/ETL, with at least two years of data integration experience
- Experience using/supporting ETL tools like Informatica, Pervasive, Cast Iron, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to present solutions to both technical and non-technical people
- Experience with consulting/systems implementation
- Prior experience in a technical role for enterprise application implementation projects (e.g., ICM, ERP, CRM, HRMS) a plus!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Explore tools
- Start working with senior resources to understand the concepts
- Familiarize with general FTP file issues
- Familiarize with SQL Developer
- Communication training
- Set up individual macrodefs for maps
- Connect to development servers and FTP via production environment and outside
- Execute the code against Production, Staging
- Salesforce Queries
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- FTP/File Issues
- Data format issues
- Add Email to scripts - Add/Remove cron jobs
- Check what processes are running at a given time and kill processes as needed
- Execute scripts from the backend
- Get familiar with Connect terminology/concepts used by Support Team to acclimate to Support environment.
- Understand Maps, Processes, Lookups, Salesforce Queries
- Understand Incent Data Structure
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Take on Connect cases
- Reproduce bugs and escalate to Engineering as needed.
- Work independently on DELTA/Connect cases
- Support Sandbox Sanity and Maintenance Sanity
- Collaborate with India Support on PSA Script Automation.
- Reproduce issues for confirming DELTA Bugs.
- Make minor script/map/process changes to fix customer issues.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Execute the code against Production and Staging
- Execute scripts from the backend
- Be proficient in Quota Upload Process
- Be proficient in Release Commission Process
- Reduce dependency on DELTA Team
- Understand Connect API
- Java environment for clsapps02
- Net environment for clsapp02
- Execute and partner successfully on Sev Level I, II, III type casework with customers independently.
- Credit Assignment Issues
- Ability to create Sandbox DELTA code.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.