Cash Application Specialist I
DealerSocket | Transaction Ops | Dallas, TX
CASH APPLICATION SPECIALIST
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
PERKS & BENEFITS
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
• Collaborative & Open Office Environment
• Under the supervision of the department Manager, the Cash Application Specialist identifies and allocates all payments and ensures that all cash is posted and distributed accurately and within required time frames under conformity to the correct corresponding accounts.
• The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for processing electronic and manual remittance transactions, posting complex payment and contractual adjustments to customer accounts.
• This position is also responsible for reconciling daily bank deposits including all cash transactions and credit/debit card payments.
• The Cash Application Specialist downloads, posts and reconciles electronic remittance files and works with the billing and collections representatives to resolve posting problems.
• Has a strong knowledge regarding application of all customer payment types and conditions as they relate to collections and payment terms.
• High volume data entry
• Process and accurately apply all incoming payments for all customer accounts from various sources including:
• Payments include live checks, credit card, electronic lockbox processing and upload as well as wire transfers and credit card payments in both USD and CAD currencies.
• Identify and communicate discrepancies in payments received with various departments
• Download, review, reconcile and post all lockbox payments on a current and daily basis
• Maintain and update all customer ACH information Invoice all NSF rejects and ensure to communicate to collections department
• Performs reconciliation of daily deposits to the cash postings.
• Researches unidentified payments for proper posting.
• Responsible for processing credit card payments or refunds as assigned.
• Address any chargebacks for credit card account Wells Fargo/AMEX
• Responsible for updating daily cash collections for the Collections Manager
• Monitor, respond or forward inquiries related to all payment questions via the payments email in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide quality, professional customer service to all internal and external customers
• Additional tasks/duties as assigned by Accounts Receivable Management• Responsible for preparation of one-time and recurring invoices across multiple business lines