Xactly Corporation | Engineering | Vaughan,
Job Title: Software Architect
Location: Toronto, ON
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Architect
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Xactly’s worldwide enterprise SaaS delivery team and product portfolio is growing rapidly and we are looking for a software architect to join our stellar engineering team.
In this role, you will own and directly contribute to the design, implementation, evaluation, selection and support of Xactly’s AI SPM platform and products. . the position provides ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your passion, attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
You must be strongly committed to good engineering discipline and process. The ideal candidate will share our passion for SaaS products and maximizing customer value. You must strongly believe that teams can achieve more than individuals, that the Agile process is a constantly evolving process and in continuous integration and deployment. Working in a global dynamic agile environment, you will collaborate daily with managers, product managers, software engineers, architects, QE engineers, data center operations engineers, support managers, directors and executives to deliver complex SaaS software programs.
- Be a software architect with deep experience in building highly scalable SaaS products
- Understand and evangelize Xactly’s SPM platform architecture to local engineering and QE team
- Design, code and troubleshoot services for various products
- Work with Dev and QE management to plan and deliver new features on time to production
- Analyze and refine requirements with PM and UX team
- Be an influencer and leader
- Enable and foster innovation
- Evangelize company and CTO’s vision among existing and new hires
- Enforce Xactly architecture discipline and principles as well as agile development processes
- Developing, reviewing and sharing design patterns
- Being a resource for all engineers on site with a dotted line to the Chief Software Architect
The Xactly R&D team executes quickly and is full of smart engineers from well-respected companies and universities. They look to their engineering leaders for mentorship, career development and organizational transparency. In order to build and ship high quality products extremely fast, efficiently and in a continuous manner, Xactly engineers rely on their leaders to remove any obstacles and guide them through engineering practices. At Xactly, we build teams that are helpful, respect each other, maintain a high level of customer focus, inclusive of everyone and we strive for strong product ownership by the team.
Not only do we offer strong growth opportunities for top performers, but we also have a top-notch culture, benefits (check them out below) and more. Our strong C.A.R.E. values – Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect & Excellence – guide our every move, allowing us to be a leader in the incentive compensation & performance management market. We set the example with excellent customer experience and deliver an award winning SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product!
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years of software development experience building SaaS products
- Expert in JVM architecture and languages such as Java & Scala
- Experience with SQL as well as NoSQL databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB or CouchDB
- Extensive experience building SaaS and/or SOA architecture and services
- Solid understanding of front-end web technology architectures and communication patterns
- Comprehensive knowledge on integration patterns and best practices between product offerings
- Hands on experience with various testing frameworks
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and able to communicate with C-level execs
- Experience working closely with product owners, software developers, quality engineers and other architects to set the direction of the technical roadmap
- Eager to do technical research, including comparing different tools & libraries, performance & load testing, software and database optimizations
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum) development process
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience working at more than one worldwide delivery site.
- Past experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azur
- Experience with the Microsoft tech stack and languages such as .Net & C#
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Become familiar with the code base relevant to local products, development processes, and deployments;
- Help troubleshoot issues related to architecture and design such as performance and scalability;
- Become familiar with the product as customers will use it;
- Not only be a key member on the team running manual test cases, but also participate in exploratory testing;
- Check-in your first code contributing to the team’s success.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Understand how all of the products at Xactly integrate and work together;
- Provide suggestions on how to refactor some of the design and architecture;
- Participate in local technical review sessions.
- Check-in your first product enhancement, building on existing design decisions.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- See some of your architecture and design changes take shape;
- Research and propose new technologies, algorithms, methods and processes for the technology groups;
- Mentor engineers in the team and across the technology groups of the organization;
- Provide technical presentations on high level technical topics, such as tools, frameworks or technical concepts;
- Participate in local and remote technical review sessions;
- Check-in your first major product change or enhancement setting the direction for future success;
- Assist in hiring new members of the technical staff.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Contribute to the overall technical direction of the organization;
- Be the go to person for advice on how to align local technical decisions towards a single organizational strategy;
- A product master, you will be able to map out how to migrate local products onto different technology stacks or public clouds if required;
- Observe the careers of other local team members mature due to your mentorship.
- Be the go to person when something needs to be tested, fixed or implemented with the highest standards on the tightest timelines.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit and Drinks
- Free Parking
- Monthly social activities including in-office Thirsty Thursdays and Birthday Cake Fridays