Principal, Financial Aid Optimization
EAB | Enrollment Services | Bloomington, MN
The Role in Brief:
Principal, Financial Aid Optimization
Our Financial Aid Optimization division provides custom revenue-optimization models designed to meet strategic enrollment objectives for client colleges and universities across the country. The Principal position works closely with a Data Analyst team finding data-based insights to help optimize enrollment outcomes for a diverse, and compelling portfolio of college and university clients. Principals assist in all areas of our analysis which includes having a working understanding of how they are constructed, coordinating project deliverables and meetings, interpreting and presenting the analysis to clients, and working to help clients formulate the best strategic uses of financial aid to achieve their enrollment goals. This position requires the ability to master the interpretation of the analysis and to effectively work with clients.
This role can be based in Richmond, VA or Bloomington, MN
- Understanding how the economy, public policy, and public perception of the value of a college degree are affecting the behavior of students and their families
- Learning the recent enrollment history for each client as well as their goals and objectives
- Understanding the basics about how our analysis and simulations are constructed
- Interpreting the descriptive slides and presenting the findings to clients
- Utilization of the live simulation model to help clients set their aid policy
- Monitoring the progress of clients towards their goals
- Presenting to committees and boards to educate and instill institutional knowledge and lead discussions on performance trends and simulations regarding enrollment and financial aid
- Answering ad hoc data-related and policy questions
Because we work to both the academic calendar of colleges and the 18-month enrollment cycle (which has intense activity at specific points during the cycle), there are periods in which our work will require some evening or weekend work.
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative or data analysis focus
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in which managing client relationships was the primary responsibility
- 3+ years of experience in admissions or financial aid at a four-year college or university
- Experience aligning strategic insights and solutions to client goals
- Ability to articulately and persuasively present to clients and colleagues EAB commitment to forward-leaning, innovative strategies that successfully achieve their desired outcomes
- Proven relationship-building, collaboration/teamwork orientation and ability to influence for win-win outcomes
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25%: This position requires travel to 15-20 college campuses during the summer and fall and intermittently throughout the rest of the year.
- Graduate degree
- Project management experience
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Able to work and solve problems independently, and to ask for help when necessary
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.