Senior Software Engineer
Cvent | Technology
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing Event Cloud Technology Team. Cvent’s Event Product Development team is engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting-edge tools and technologies, including a modern and responsive single page application powered by React. Event Planners rely on Cvent for the full life cycle of their events. Event planners live in Cvent – it’s their primary tool for every aspect of planning an event: marketing, invitation list management, registration, analytics, and even budgeting.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using React, Redux, Webpack, and the rest of the rapidly advancing React ecosystem.
- Work on Internet scale applications where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and API first design to build robust RESTful APIs hosted on AWS for scale.
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
Skills/Qualifications we are seeking Senior Software Engineers to have are:
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We want people who take ownership over the full scope of their product – design, development, and even operations. Cvent is about empowering developers to apply what they do best to empower our users to plan and run great events. Developers who take initiative to find and solve problems thrive here.
For this specific position, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
- 5+ years of overall development experience, including at least one year with React, Vue, or Angular.
- Experience with using and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science OR a related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Experience with data-structures and persistence tools such as relational and document databases
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace