Manager, Revenue Accounting
Numerator | Finance & Admin | Chicago, IL
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Manager, Revenue Accounting to lead the revenue accounting and the billing and collections team, ensuring timely and accurate revenue recognition, customer billing and adherence to the Company’s collections policies. Reporting to the Controller, the Manager is responsible for actively managing and improving the monthly close process and providing day-to-day and longer-term strategic leadership to a team of revenue and billing and collections professionals. The Manager is also responsible for helping develop and enhance accounting policies, procedures, reporting controls and financial compliance in relationship to revenue and Accounts Receivable. You will also participate in integration related activity tied to acquisitions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish strong working relationships and consult with leaders in Sales, Legal, and Professional Services to address revenue recognition early in the contract process, ensuring revenue recognition under ASC 606 guidance and Numerators’ revenue recognition policies are understood and optimized
- Be the technical expert for revenue recognition policies and procedures
- Research and prepare written technical accounting policies and positions as-needed for non-standard revenue transactions
- Manage revenue accounting, billing and collections, and contract administration operations including monthly close process, accounting for revenue, deferred revenue, revenue related expenses, and accounts receivable
- Lead efforts to improve/streamline processes. Identify best practices, plan and coordinate the integration and automation of internal financial and operational systems.
- Analyze and report key revenue, billing and collections metrics
- Ensure compliance with ASC 606 including related financial statement disclosures
- Lead the annual external audits for revenue / billings
- Ensure compliance in respect to sales tax, including review of invoice details and sales tax calculations
- Remediate billing and remittance issues timely
- Maintain internal controls related to client remittance and billing procedures
- Responsible for performance management, conducting appraisals, and identifying training and development needs of direct reports and the wider team
Skills & Requirements
• BS or BA in Accounting
• CPA or Chartered Accountant Certification
• Minimum of 7 ‐ 10 years of combined public accounting and private industry accounting experience, primarily in revenue, including multiple element arrangements
• Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 606 Software Revenue Recognition (IFRS is a plus)
• SaaS experience is strongly preferred
• Prior management experience required
• Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
• Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced technology company environment
• Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi‐task efficiently and manage individuals.
• Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
• Familiarity with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.