CloudOps Junior Adminstrator
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Birmingham, England
Business Unit Description
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division of Advanced. IT Services delivers IT managed services to a number of organisations across the UK providing solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape. The business unit operates from a number of the Advanced offices, including Ditton Park, London, Birmingham, Knutsford and Ashford. We are 300+ strong with skills from IT service desk to Enterprise Architects.
Team & Role Description
The CloudOps team of the IT Services business unit is responsible for supporting systems operating from Public Cloud (particularly AWS and Azure) and driving innovation of Advanced’s usage of Public Cloud platforms. The team supports both Advanced products and customer systems within Cloud.
- Own operational management and maintenance of the Cloud infrastructure, application deployment and deployment automation
- Support Cloud platforms for Advanced product teams and customers alike
- Maintain company standards and work with corporate toolsets; GitHub, Jira, etc.
- Automate build deployments so complete application deployment time
- Work with monitoring tools to manage environments and ensure we meet SLA's
- Designs and maintain cloud infrastructure components, including network design, infrastructure resource allocation, storage, and security.
- Monitor performance and security of the system to guarantee uptime and avoid threats.
- Solid experience in AWS - load balancing/VPC/AMI/networking /CloudWatch/CloudFormation/Database Services
- Expertise in designing, building and managing containers
- Strong attention to detail and desire to improve Operations processes
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting i.e. solve problems - containers in ECS (stop and start) troubleshoot
- Understand the requirement to improve performance of application to improve on availability and scalability
- Experience with Docker orchestration, Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices
- Experience using configuration management software and provisioning environments (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Expert understanding of automated delivery/ deployments
- Containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience creating and managing build platforms
- Experience with Unix administration (Good grounding in Linux and Bash scripting)
- Assist with framework accreditations the company wishes to achieve
Join the A Team (Unique Selling Points, Why Join)
The team is a dynamic team working with new technologies and selling to a range of solutions to some of the UK’s biggest organisations including the NHS, local government and private sector companies. Some of the benefits of the joining this team include:
- Working for one of the UK’s leading software and IT services companies
- Exposure to Cloud technologies and solutions
- Career growth opportunities
- Full benefits package