Software Production Engineer
Tomia | Product Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit .
Production Engineer - Bangalore, India
Summary The Production Engineer (PE) position has responsibility for deploying and configuring the application on customers staging and production systems. In this role the PE will act as an Engineer to setup, configure and integrate the platform. The PE also works to troubleshoot and resolve issues\tickets as they are found during testing from customer or implementation teams. This position reports to the Manager\Director of Production Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploys the application to the customer environment including the cloud being used.
- Deploys the packages to the customer environments.
- Works to troubleshoot and resolve the issues during the deployment and any related tickets.
- Politely interacts directly with end users.
- Documents ticket resolution for future reference.
- Searches available documentation to resolve tickets.
- Investigates application and system configuration.
- Performs database queries to research issues.
- Escalates tickets to the appropriate teams.
- Conforms to the daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements for PE’s
- Periodic travel (once in 6 months or more.)
- 5+ years of SQL Server knowledge or any other RDBMS.
- 5+ years Writing the SQL Queries to access the data from the databases.
- 5+ years Knowledge\ Experience in SQL Server profiler for performance tuning.
- 5+ Years Knowledge\ Experience in IIS (Internet Information Services).
- 5+ Years Knowledge\ Experience in Windows and Unix Server environments.
- 4+ Years Knowledge\ Experience of open source databases like mysql, posgreSQL is a plus.
- 5+ Years Understanding of OS\network\firewalls is plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- 4+ years’ managing SQL Server based applications.
- 4+ years’ experience performing end user support.
- Comfortable using Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or another related field is required