Technical Product Owner
Kazoo | Product Development
Overview of role:
As a Technical Product Owner, you help to evolve our products and bring to market new features. This is a key role on the Product Team primarily responsible for guiding concepts through development to launch. This role works closely with a multi-disciplinary team that includes Product Management, Design, QA, Engineering and the Scrummaster.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Breakdown feature concepts into Epics and User Stories, while helping prioritize and maintain the team backlog.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently, while acting as `voice of the customer’.
- Partner with engineering to ensure technical solutions satisfy business impact and delivery requirements.
- Own and participate in team Scrum ceremonies such as backlog grooming, stand-ups, and sprint planning in cooperation with the Scrummaster.
- Partner with Product Managers to ensure prioritization supports product strategy, market needs, customer pain points, and overall company vision.
- Support beta tests and product launches.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar product management/business analyst type role, or owning a complex technical project end-to-end.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology for software development.
- Ability to articulate and manage technical dependencies.
- Ability to create user stories and do product acceptance testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and interact with all levels of technical and non-technical peers.
- Self-motivated and results oriented individual able to work independently and also collaboratively with a team.
- Proactive and creative problem solver who can operate effectively even with some level of uncertainty.
- Flexibility in the day to day.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and a growth mindset.
- Familiarity with Client-Server Architectures and RESTful web services.
- Experience with the offerings of cloud hosting providers (AWS, Azure, Heroku, Google Cloud Platform).
- Ability to discuss diverse technical topics such as logging, load balancing, debugging, security, authentication/authorization, and SSO.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the HR technology space
- Understanding of JIRA, Dev, QA, to UAT and Launch
- Exposure to relational (PostgreSQL) and non-relational (MongoDB) databases
- Familiarity with graphQL APIs, and micro-services architecture
- Familiarity with modern version control systems (git or similar)