Jamf | 310 - Product Management | Eau Claire, WI
The Product Owner facilitates the development of valuable products that meet the needs of Jamf customers and deliver toward the company strategy. They play critical role in Product Management by converting roadmap initiatives into backlog items, prioritizing the backlog based on business and customer needs and ultimately shipping new product features to the market.
The Product Owner team at Jamf utilizes the Scrum Product Owner principles to guide them in shipping valuable, working software frequently. The Product Owner plays a key communication role at Jamf by clarifying the product vision, performing as the voice of the customer, and completing enablement activities to share their product enhancements.
- Grows and maintains knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility by taking actions to self-educate, such as attending ongoing education programs and interviewing customers.
- Leads and inspires engineering teams to ensure the group builds the most valuable product, in the smallest time-frame possible, while delivering with quality.
- Acts as the final decision maker to define what is in and out of scope for a product initiative.
- Operates within strategic organizational requirements to deliver features on time, within the allocated budget and that meet stakeholder criteria.
- Collaborates with engineering teams and stakeholders to create and maintain the Product Backlog by continuously defining user stories, prioritizing backlog items, and evaluating scope
- Balances the prioritization of backlog items to meet goals for new product initiatives, technical initiatives, and to fix existing product issues
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies and events that will enable engineering teams to deliver value as efficiently as possible.
- Defines success criteria for each assigned product initiative and validates achievement during and after delivery.
- Communicates each team’s release forecast and associated risks with the organization.
- Participates in team growth activities and helps simplify the Product Owner discipline across the Jamf portfolio
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures.
- One or more years of relevant Product Owner experience, with a demonstrated track record of delivering new and profitable products (Required)
- Two or more years working with, leading, and motivating teams (Required)
- Experience as a member of a complex team, such as cross-functional or international teams (Preferred)
- One or more years delivering product in an Agile development environment (Preferred)
- One or more years working with the Atlassian software suite (Preferred)
- Personal or professional use of Apple hardware and their ecosystem (Preferred)
- Presents and summarizes information in varied ways, depending on the audience
- Stays organized, capable of compiling information to be referenced later
- Runs a presentation effectively, such as creating useful visuals and managing an audience
- Manages time appropriately, understands how to prioritize daily work without guidance
- Schedules and leads varied types of meetings, such as customer interviews and international engineering sessions
- Makes decisions logically, able to gather data and evaluate risks versus rewards
- Interprets complex technical ideas and translates them into easy to understand, value proposals
- Builds trust in teams, balances working collaboratively with team leadership
- Copes with stressors analytically and employs techniques to return to the primary focus
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Successfully uses virtual hardware and software for remote conferences or meetings
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work