Advanced | Operations (Managed Services)
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for delivering Managed Network Services across our company and for our customers. You will be remotely supporting our predominately U.K. customer base on a 24x7x365 shift basis.
The Team and Role
Joining a team of Network specialists, you will be integrated quickly and efficiently into a supportive and friendly coalition.
You will be undertaking an extremely varied role that blends Project and BAU work, thus will include but not limited to managing, monitoring, providing support and troubleshooting for Advanced Managed Services, Customer Local Area and Customer Wide Area Networks as well as being a presence in Network Security. We can offer a unique working environment where you will be able to learn and grow simultaneously. This is a chance for a dedicated Network professional to not only fulfil their potential, but to go above and beyond.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your remit will cover all aspects of the BAU support of Advanced’s Managed Network Services and Corporate services. This includes LAN, WAN, WiFi & network related Security services. You will take ownership of Incidents escalated to the team to ensure service restoration and fault fix with within SLA.
You will also work with the Professional Services team, Project Managers and other business stakeholders upon all aspects of the service lifecycle of a High Availability Managed Services network environment, serving a large and critical customer base.
These are things you will do day to day:
- Provide technical support and engineering services for Advanced Managed Services and Corporate networks in adherence with defined SLAs.
- Configure, amend, troubleshoot site to site and client based VPNs.
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN incidents
- Implement planned changes and conduct testing
- Maintain and improve existing Advanced and client networks in accordance with Advanced design methodologies.
- Maintain a secure network environment in accordance to ISO27001 standards.
- Monitor and manage network components to: deliver proactive support to all internal and external clients; enable more effective reactive support; to provide capacity & performance reporting; and to generally enhance network management capabilities and services.
You will also:
- Maintain and improve network documentation
- Implement and test changes outside of customer business hours
The nature of the role requires mandatory participation in flexible working:
- Shift rota, providing 24x7 support
- Be an escalation path for the Service Desk
Participate in continual improvement processes, modelled around meeting ISO standards:
- Change control, with peer change review
- Quality driven; work planned with minimal disruption to users
The ideal candidate will demonstrate ease in their ability to:
- Communicate complex issues in a clear way, written and orally
- Care for customers
- Manage their time effectively and multi task
Knowledge and Experience
Essential skills to be considered for the role:
- Previous experience in a similar role with a Managed Services Provider or large Enterprise Business, supporting UK and EU based customers
- Excellent spoken English
- Comprehensive knowledge of network infrastructure, including the ability to analyse and debug layers 1-7.
- Experience of troubleshooting enterprise LAN’s
- Experience of troubleshooting enterprise WAN’s
- Managing Telco’s throughout Incidents
- Experience with Cisco layer 2 and 3 switches.
- Experience of firewall and VPN and troubleshooting Cisco ASA firewalls.
Desirable skills on these products/topics:
- Experience of Dell multi-layer switches and SonicWall products.
- Experience with Cisco routers.
- Experience of the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS EIGRP, and OTV.
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless products.
- Familiarity with network-centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog would be advantageous, as would experience of 802.1x network authentication.
- Familiarity with content switching / network load balancing technologies such as F5 or Netscalers.
- Experience of ITIL
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco IDS/IPS (Firepower)
- Access Points
- Problem Management/Root Cause Analysis
Education / Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Special focus on training and development
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- Career progression opportunities, within Advanced Health and Care and the rest of the Advanced Group