Senior Software Engineer
Advanced | Development
Senior Software Engineer
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 19,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Software Engineers’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work with the latest in cloud technologies and collaborate with highly skilled and experienced engineers to progress your career. In our Grade II listed HQ in Central Leeds you’ll find a great place to work and lots of like-minded people who are enthusiastic and passionate about the software we produce.
You’ll be working closely with other software and QA engineers in an Agile (Scrum) environment. We’re keen to bring people in to the business who can help shape its future in terms of the technologies we use, the way we work and the products we deliver.
If you are the ideal candidate for our Senior Software Engineer role, you will…
- Have extensive Java development experience from working with both legacy and cutting edge applications
- Have knowledge of key AWS services
- Have good knowledge of database technologies
- Be able to demonstrate great design choices both for green field and legacy code
- Be experienced in mentoring junior team members
- Understand and promote the importance of testing using the likes of JUnit and be able to support the QA team in their creation of automated tests
- Have experience of continuous integration using Jenkins (or similar) and collection of metrics using Sonar (or similar)
- See the value in keeping everyone on the same page using something like Confluence
- Have really solid Agile experience preferably using BDD and TDD techniques
- Be technically curious and get a buzz out of solving complex and challenging problems
- Have awareness of emerging trends and best practices from the industry and have an ability to apply those in your day-to-day role
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!