Senior Software Engineer - India
Advanced | Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
Reporting to the Software Development Manager the successful candidate will partner with other developers and our quality assurance and product teams to develop and maintain our core products and their subsidiary components.
In additional to writing code the successful individual will be expected to have experience in writing technical documentation for both internal and external use.
To support the technical expertise, we seek an individual who is passionate about continuous improvement. They will also have an inquisitive demeanour and be confident in problem solving and gaining buy-in to their ideas from stakeholders. To aid this they will have a confident and collaborative communication style, with the ability to translate technical expertise with ease.
In this role you will:.
· Learn our applications and become knowledgeable and proficient in their development.
· Translate software requirements into concise and robust program code.
· Work closely with the Product Owner to refine requirements, estimate development effort and gain their acceptance of the solution.
· Working closely with the Test Analysts, use effective automated and manual testing techniques at various levels to ensure the software is correct, performant and robust.
· Identify improvements to existing application code and designs, increasing flexibility and reducing future effort.
· Produce and update technical product documentation that describes the system and its operation.
· Provide support, investigating technical issues and advising internal support technicians.
· Investigate and resolve software defects with the minimum impact and risk.
· Liaise with third-parties to implement interactions with other systems and components.
· Understand and apply the product build and delivery pipeline and make improvements to it.
Our people deliver excellence in everything they do. They act with pace, are fearless and always do the right thing. We work together and act as a team, so you will
· Identify problems and take action and responsibility for resolving them
· Aim for self-improvement and continuous learning
· Ask for help and help others
· Clearly explain and discuss technical points with both technical and non-technical people
· Say what you will do by when and work to do it in time
· Appreciate challenge and feedback from colleagues
You have a passion for all things connected with software development and an avid interest in technology. So, it’s no surprise that you have solid experience working as a software developer on high quality enterprise level solutions and can tell us about your experience across the whole software development life cycle.
You establish productive working relationships with your teammates and other colleagues, both technical and non-technical, and work collaboratively as part of a team to deliver on shared commitments. You are a self-starter and able to plan and manage your own workload. You enjoy working with technologies that are new to you and taking on additional roles that help the team make progress.
You have sound understanding and experience with:
· Software development principles, patterns and practices
· Best practice such as SOLID and TDD
· Modern software language capabilities such as object-orientation, generics, first-class functions, dynamically and statically typed languages
· Agile development methodologies and practices
· Working as part of a high performing SCRUM team
You have a good understanding of:
· Development of modern web applications with technologies such as these
o HTML5, CSS 3, Bootstrap3
o Front-end frameworks
o MVC 5
· Server-side development in VB.NET and Visual Studio
· Source Control with Git and GitHub
· Transactional SQL, preferably using MySQL Server
· CI/CD development infrastructure such as Jenkins, Team City
· Packaging systems such as Nuget.
The following would be beneficial:
· Healthcare software development including standards such as
· HL7, FHIR, SNOMED, and OpenEHR
· Experience with the UK based health market
· Experience with HIPPA and/or US Healthcare