Associate Software Engineer (4GL)
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported for a large web application following best practices such as authoring or updating unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms.
- Analyze performance and develop improvements to performance of web application.
- Assist with security updates to web application.
- Perform upgrades to 3rd party libraries and tools used by the web application
- Implement new web application software features and products following best practices such as authoring of unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms
- Specialize in client or server side web application development as a member of a project team. Preference for familiarity with the full technical stack.
- Develop software to support internal initiatives, tools, update framework and application functionality
- Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team in the planning, scoping, estimation and execution of technical solutions
- Work within a wide range of new and legacy code and technologies in a mature codebase
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years’ experience in software engineer role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies required or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge in 4GL
- Strong experience with Reporting Services
- Experience with automated testing, High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with current software design principles and concepts such as patterns, algorithms, data structures, dependency injection, Microservices, MV**, SOA, n-tier architecture
- Strong ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions
- Strong ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment