QA Automation Engineer
Granicus | Software/Application Development
The QA Engineer role at Granicus is for testers growing their software engineering skills in a SaaS environment. Their key contributions are automated SOFTWARE tests for the product-driven features within the Granicus product suite.
The QA Engineer is expected to contribute to the broader Granicus technology organization, both in the deployment and support of applications in higher environments and as a mentor to less experienced team members.
What you'll do:
- Perform all the essential functions of a QA Automation Engineer, including manual testing if required
- Develop and maintain testing processes for one or more applications in the Granicus product suite
- Be a go-to resource for support and operational issues within your area(s) of expertise
- BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) - defining Acceptance Tests that meet acceptance criteria
- TDD (Test Driven Development) - collaborating with software engineers to ensure TDD is implemented successfully
Who you are :
- Knowledge of QA Practices
- Working knowledge of Selenium WebDriver with Java/C#, TestNG/NUnit and page object model.
- Experience in Automation Testing (Selenium WebDriver or alternative tools)
- Comfortable using Intellij/Eclipse IDEs.
- Experience in creating and maintaining test automation frameworks which include preparation of test data, writing generic reusable functions and converting manual test scripts into automation scripts in Selenium WebDriver.
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining varied data driven, keyword driven and hybrid automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of API Testing (Postman or SoapUI)
- Knowledge of Database Concepts (MySQL)
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Attributes of a QA Engineer
An QA Engineer understands our processes, can execute stories independently for test creation and strives towards our values.
- Core maintainer of tests for at least one app/area of large app
- Can explain the Granicus software development process (SDLC)
- Can identify whether the scrum process is being followed appropriately
- Ticket states
- Proper level of detail for stories and subtasks
- Tickets progressing through process as proscribed by scrum
- Develops deliverable units of acceptance from user story based tests
- Can identify whether development team values are being followed
Attributes of a Granicus Engineering Team Member
- Interest in/experience with civic-minded processes and their improvement
- e.g., understands clerking, role of agendas in councils/boards, Robert's rules, email campaigns
- Comfortable working on a distributed team
- Comfortable working on a team with diverse skill levels and experience
- Hungry learner
- Willing mentor
- Good communicator
- Capable of appropriately engaging in constructive conflict
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.