Assistant Manager of Human Resources
Numerator | Talent | Pune, Maharashtra
This role is responsible for coordinating initiatives and implementing growth strategy, policies and processes that meet business needs. Coordinate with business leaders on the development of long-term goals for talent matters of our Pune center of excellence.
This role reports into the Director of HR, India Operations. Provide support, guidance and analytical expertise on HR best practices, policies and programs to enhance the organization’s ability to attract, retain and motivate talented people.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel.
- Lead Talent Acquisition functions for Engineering and Development roles.
- Plan and organize activities and actions of the local HR department.
- Contribute to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
These responsibilities involve achieving the following tasks:
- Conduct new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
- Create and revise job descriptions and manage talent acquisition process.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads.
- Prepare budget of human resources operations.
- Maintain personnel policies and procedures.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Keep records of benefits plan participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Maintain department records and reports.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings.
- Recommend new policies, approaches, and procedures.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Government laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- MBA/PGDM in Business, HR or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years or more of progressively responsible HR related experience.
- Prior experience with a HR practices in a global multi-location business is preferred.
- Project management skills including strong process skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to navigate matrix organization.
- Proficient in Excel and competent in the use of HR related systems and tools.
- Ability to handle complex employee relations issues with discretion, serving as a mediator and guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop and execute positive people strategies.
- Possess the ability to communicate successfully across the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Be a true hands-on doer who loves to execute on positive and impactful people programs.
- Excel at, and deeply enjoy, partnering with team members on executing programs and events.
- Extensive experience in the HR and/or Recruiting functions a huge plus.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.