Senior Software Engineer
Advanced | Development
Senior Software Engineer
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 19,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Software Engineers’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The Senior Software Engineer will work be working in the specialist solutions division as part of our Principal Engineering Team. Primary responsibilities will be the development and support of our Chorus Financial, Distribution and ERP products. We’re keen to bring people in to the business who can help shape its future in terms of the technologies we use, the way we work and the products we deliver.
You will be a self-starter with a proven background in learning new technologies as well as in designing and developing commercial systems. Experience of RPG and IBM AS400 technology or knowledge of Microsoft .Net stack is essential, and CoolPlex preferable.
If you are the ideal candidate for our Senior Software Engineer role, you will…
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft .Net stack.
- RPG and IBM AS400 experience or a willing to learn.
- Have knowledge of CoolPlex.
- Be able to demonstrate great design choices for both legacy code and new developments.
- Be experienced in diagnosing complex and challenging problems in both code and data.
- See the value in keeping everyone on the same page using something like Confluence.
- Be technically curious, get a buzz out of learning new technologies.
- Have awareness of trends in financial management systems.
- Be able to learn and work independently, but also work as part of a team of developers, testers and support engineers.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme