IT Engineer II
MINDBODY | Information Technology
JOB TITLE: IT Engineer II
JOB FUNCTION: Information Technology
JOB FAMILY: IT - IT Engineering
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, IT Engineering
DATE UPDATED: 6/27/2018
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
This team is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the operating environment. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth.
This role performs a broad range of activities including effective provisioning, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of all technology systems and may act as a project lead for the implementation of new technology initiatives. The IT Engineer II role focuses primarily on design over more operational tasks. Additionally, this role acts as Tier II support for key technologies in use within the environment. A high degree of collaboration with a variety of other teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. This person shall be energetic, customer service oriented, and technically talented to provide support in a 24x7x365 dynamic and fast-paced environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-5 years’ experience working in an IT position is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or technical related field is required
- Very knowledgeable with Directory Services, networking routing and switching.
- Experience as an administrator or technician in a mission-critical technology environment required.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous complex technical projects required
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, F5 load balancers, Cisco UCS, and/or NetApp SANs highly preferred
- Experience managing and configuring Linux environments and supporting applications such as Apache and MySQL preferred
- Knowledge of systems management tools, such as, but not limited to, Microsoft SCCM and VMWare VSphere
- Knowledge of storage technology protocols using iSCSI, FC, or NFS
- Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to solve for issues in highly complex environments
- Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), documentation, and interpersonal skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, improves and promotes complex systems designs, implementation procedures, and operational best practices to provide continuity for existing systems while forecasting a highly scalable redundant architecture.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.Identifies approaches that utilize resources (people, process, and technology) in the most efficient manner.
- Acts as a Tier II point of escalation for the monitoring and managing of all systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime as directed and per established policies and procedures.
- Performs advisory system administration duties including resource provisioning and management, script creation and maintenance, advanced system diagnostics, and other activities to ensure optimal health and performance of all systems.
- Produces actionable operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, detailed descriptions of the environment, and comprehensive instructions to outline the steps required to perform tasks to build and configure systems.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems procurement and development efforts.
- Participates in operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine and do not require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________