Advanced | Development | Castleford, England
Advanced Health and Care is a leading supplier of IT Solutions to the Healthcare sector.
The Docman product covers a suite of cloud and client-based applications.
Over 120 Healthcare Organisations use Docman Connect to send millions of letters to primary care electronically.
Over 6,000 GP Practices utilise Docman, a centrally funded solution to enable you to capture, organise, workflow, track and transfer healthcare documents.
Over 23 Projects are being supported by Docman Share which provides secure access to Docman clinical documents stored as part of the Primary Care GP record ensuring professionals have a complete view of a patients latest clinical documents.
There are now 5 NHS Trusts using Docman to workflow, track and manage their clinical and non-clinical documentation efficiently.
What you will be doing
As a Principal Engineer you are an ambitious high-achiever who who strives for technical excellence from yourself and your team; employing the best practices and tools to create market leading solutions.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical expertise and direction; working closely with the Architecture team to ensure technology moves forward
- Translate software requirements into concise and robust and exemplary program code
- Drive innovation and collaboration in solution design across the team
- Have a passion for mentoring and coaching developers
- Working with our off-shore Development team based in India
- Work closely with the Product Owner to refine requirements, estimate development effort and gain their acceptance of the solution.
- Working closely with the Test Analyst, use effective automated and manual testing techniques at various levels to ensure the software is correct, performant and robust.
- Identify improvements to existing application code and designs, increasing flexibility and reducing future effort.
- Produce and update technical product documentation that describes the system and its operation.
- Encourage and foster XP techniques and agile software development always
- Work with third-parties, attending meetings and interacting to maintain domain expertise and ensure activities like compliance are achieved
- Triage, investigate and resolve software defects with the minimum impact and risk.
- Further your knowledge across the AHC product suite and become an expert in specific products and components as required
As a Principal Engineer you will be expected to deliver excellence in everything you do. Work at pace and always do the right thing. Work collaboratively, whilst leading the team with your technical and domain expertise, so you will:
- Identify problems and take action and responsibility for resolving them
- Aim for self-improvement and continuous learning
- Ask for help and help others
- Clearly explain and discuss technical points with both technical and non-technical people
- Say what you will do by when and work to do it in time
- Appreciate challenge and feedback from colleagues
What you will be good at
You are a leader not a follower, and have a passion for all things connected with software development and an avid interest in technology. You have excellent experience working in Scrum teams and advocating good agile practices. You have worked on high quality enterprise level solutions, across the whole software development life cycle.
You establish productive working relationships with your team and other colleagues, both technical and non-technical. As a senior member of the team you lead the way but also work collaboratively as part of a team to deliver on shared commitments. You are a self-starter and able to plan and manage your own workload. You have a passion for mentoring and coaching less senior members of the team. You enjoy working with technologies that are new to you, and taking on additional roles that help the team make progress.
You have sound understanding and experience with:
- Software development principles, patterns and practices, such as SOLID
- Modern software language capabilities such as object-orientation, generics, first-class functions, dynamically and statically typed languages
- Agile development methodologies and practices, including SCRUM
- Test-driven development with a test framework such as MSTest or nUnit/xUnit
- Source Control with TFS, Git and GitHub
- Coaching and mentoring of Developers, and leading development projects
You have a good understanding of:
- SQL databases, preferably Oracle MySQL
- C#/VB/.NET and Visual Studio
- MVC, WinForms, REST API applied in enterprise environments
- CI/CD development infrastructure such as Jenkins, Team City
- Packaging systems such as Bower, NPM, Nuget, Docker.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our entry-level hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We assess you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
• Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
• Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
• Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
• Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
• Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
• Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
• Life insurance x 4 times salary
• Income protection insurance
• Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
• Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
• Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview/ Assessment Centre. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!