C++ / Python Developer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development
A Software Developer isresponsible for enhancing and maintaining existing applications,troubleshooting, and resolving defects in an agile team environment. Thisposition conducts complex work with limited supervision and a wide latitude forindependent judgment. Our Software Developers must demonstrate advancedtechnical proficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute to theteam’s continued success by increasing his/her technical knowledge.
- Review user stories, implement solid technical solutions, and participate in code reviews. Strives for minimal distractions, high throughput, and excellent quality.
- Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Operates as a resource to less experienced Software Developers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-5 Years of professional experience as a developer
- Very strong analytical and coding skills
- Very strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Bonus points for:
- Very proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Intimately familiar with advanced data structures and algorithms and eager to discuss them
- Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)
- An avid gamer (video, board, RPG, etc.)