Full Stack Engineer
MINDBODY | Product Development | Pune, Maharashtra
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer I
JOB FUNCTION: Product Development
JOB FAMILY: PD - Software Architecture
REPORTS TO: Enter title of direct manager
DATE UPDATED: 5/23/2018
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Engineers work in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineers are responsible for their own code and bugs.
The Software Engineer I designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Basic understanding of C#, ASP, .NET, MVC, SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge React and Ruby on rails
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops high-quality code under the mentorship of senior software engineers.
- Supports with the software design process based on functional requirements.
- Supports in the creation and maintenance of project documentation.
- Participates in testing all areas of the code through unit testing and bug fixes.
- Regularly collaborates with other developers to evaluate work for technical feasibility.
- Adheres to internal best practices and coding conventions.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________