PowerSchool | G&A
The Senior Financial Analyst provides critical business guidance to the organization on a broad range of accounting, reporting and analytical projects, ensuring the integrity of financial data. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the finance department in various analytical and reporting projects. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of reports, QA of existing reports and assuring reporting compliance. Other responsibilities include assisting Finance personnel in monthly financial statement closings, audit preparation, and other special projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the analysis of financial data and extracts and defines relevant information
- Prepares cash, revenue, deferred revenue, billings and sales bookings analyses
- Develops financial reports for customer billings, cash and revenue forecasting, trending, and results analysis
- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Interprets financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting required
- Minimum of 3+ years of combined accounting and finance experience required
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Power Point required
- Advanced excel modeling with focus on index/match, if statements, vlookups, and more
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, extensive knowledge of spreadsheets-a must
- Detail oriented and the ability to work accurately is essential