Advanced | Development | Knutsford, England
Senior Developer: Looking for a step up into Architecture
- Ability to define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns; Perform architecture reviews and assessments. Ensure that the software architecture meets business requirements
- Experience in supporting planning activities through estimation, identification of integration points, technical risks & mitigations, etc.
- Should be able to assess safety and security risks related to applications and plan mitigations
- Should have experience and knowledge of on-premise and cloud based applications, application modernization
- Should have knowledge of new architecture paradigms like cloud and microservices
- Should have had hands on experience working with client-server as well as web based applications
- Troubleshoot problems, perform root cause analysis and follow through to their resolution
- Should have passion to learn new technologies and keep updated with growing trends and industry practices.
- Coach and mentor team members regarding software design approach, technology, tools, methods and various software quality aspects
- SQL Server, TSQL
- HTML / CSS
- N-tiered architecture
- Design Patterns
- Good communicator
- AWS cloud based services
- .NET Core
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!