Data Warehouse Engineer IV
MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
MINDBODY’s Data Science department makes sense of our data world through meaningful and actionable insights, identifying trends, delivering reports, informing product and infrastructure advancements, and promoting a culture of data-driven decision making.
The Data Engineering (DE) branch of MINDBODY’s Data Science department is focused on providing innovative and large-scale data platform solutions in a shared services model to support enterprise data needs of MindBody. This involves building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for use in reporting and analytical applications. This team also architects distributed systems, data stores, and collaborates with data science teams in building right solutions for them. The data provided by DE team is used by data science team in supporting key functions and initiatives within Product Development, Business Development, Customer Experience/Success, Marketing and Sales at MindBody.
Data Engineer IV focuses on designing, implementing and supporting new and existing data solutions- data processing, and data sets to support various advanced analytical needs. you will be designing, building and supporting data pipelines consuming data from multiple different source systems and transforming it into valuable and insightful information. You will have the opportunity to contribute to end-to-end platform design for our cloud architecture and work multi-functionally with operations, data science and the business segments to build batch and real-time data solutions. The role will be part of a team supporting our Corporate, Sales, Marketing, and Consumer business lines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing access to large datasets
- Create unified enterprise data models for analytics and reporting
- Design and build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
- As part of Agile development team contribute to architecture, tools and development process improvements
- Work in close collaboration with product management, peer system and software engineering teams to clarify requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
- All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under moderate supervision. Will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine and do not require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas:Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
- 5 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining
- 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
- 5+ years of experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Understanding of Scrum / Agile Methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset, and highly organized
- Desire to work in a fast paced, potentially ambiguous, start-up-like atmosphere
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet